Is Capital Growth guaranteed?
Is Rental Return guaranteed?
Is anything guaranteed?
The resounding ANSWER IS NO!!
Nothing is guaranteed…
Other than 2 things…Death and Taxes (as they say).
When I was 19 and read the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki talked about how having a job was risky because you only had 1 source of income.
And ultimately the following things could affect you:
- You could lose your job (say boss doesn’t like you or business is bad)
(In Spain the unemployment rate is 24% (according to Countryeconomy.com))
- You could be made redundant or you could get a pay cut to stay
- Your industry could shut down (eg. car industry)
- Your job could be outsourced to cheap labour (eg. China, India, Philippines)
- You are determined by the hours you work (limited to 40-60 hours per week)
- If you get sick, or have a baby and can’t work, there goes your income….
So an alternative to that are multiple sources of income, so that you are NOT DEPENDENT on JUST ONE.
Check out video #5 for some great insights into this: CLICK HERE TO WATCH QUICK VIDEO
Til next time,
PS: Thanks again to those of you who voted for the book covers, as well as those who told us which chapters they liked.